Dark Sky site from ESSP 2013, The El Camino Real Historic Trail Site. Image by Colleen Gino.
Star Party News
- We have just announced the ESSP 2014 Astro Photo Contest. Go to the ABOUT page and read what it is all about!
- Registration is open! Go to the REGISTRATION & FEES tab to register NOW!
Contributing Sponsors for 2014
Thanks to all the following sponsors for supporting amateur astronomy by contributing door prize gifts, making ESSP 2014 Star Party exceptional!
- -Explore Scientific
- -Kalmbach Publishing / Astronomy Magazine
- -NASA’s Space Place
- -New Mexico Tech Astronomy Club
- -National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO)
- -Marilyn Day with Spartan Promotional Group of Arizona
- -OPT - Oceanside Photo & Telescope
- -Orion Telescopes & Binoculars
- -Software Bisque, Inc.
- -Tele Vue Optics, Inc.
- -Vixen Optics, A Division of MrStarGuy, Inc.
- -Woodland Hills Camera & Telescopes
The Enchanted Skies Star Party, held in Socorro, New Mexico, offers a unique Southwestern Astronomy experience with many exciting features. In this, our 21st year, ESSP will be held all four days at El Camino Real Historic Trail Site. One of the many highlights for ESSP 2014 will be a swap meet. Look through your equipment and get ready for an opportunity to swap and score! We will host a fun Solar Saturday on September 27 with opportunities for the public to see solar scopes in action and learn how the native peoples used the Sun.
Tours of local Observatories will be offered once again at ESSP 2015.
Join us for 4 nights of dark, dark sky observing, an astronomy swap meet, door prizes, lectures, and Solar Saturday!
Nightly observing, lectures, Swap Meet, Solar Saturday, and camping will take place at our official “ESSP Dark Sky Site”, The El Camino Real Historic Trail Site 30 miles South of Socorro.
Please check back often for updated information. Know that the confirmed schedule of events for ESSP 2014 will be posted by July 15, 2014. Have a look at the rest of the pages on this site, or contact us if you still have questions!